A pleasant surprise awaited me this morning, in that fellow blogger jmmcdowell nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. When I started my blog a little over five weeks ago, I figured the only readers I’d have would be my family (because I forced them) or unsuspecting victims who happened upon my site by chance due to their choice of search terms. So far this week, searches that led to my blog included: “will smith naked”, “a thesis on musculoskeletal…”, and “2 fat men in speedos” (you’ll have to check out my other posts to see why this would be so! Ahh, beautiful fodder for a future post…)
The rules for the Kreativ Blogger Award include:
- Display the award image on your blog.
- Acknowledge the nominator.
- List ten things about yourself that readers probably don’t know.
- Pass the award along by nominating at least six other blogs you enjoy reading. Although it’s a little bit “chain letter”ish in that regard, it is a nice way to show others you appreciate and enjoy their dedicated words.
So, here are ten things you may not know about me (or care to, for that matter):
- I grew up in North Dakota. And yes, we do have shopping malls there, and no, we do not have polar bears, as someone once asked me.
- I spent a year after high school as an au pair in Paris, France. This was my first experience with a Turkish toilet. If you do not know what that is, consider yourself lucky.
- I’ve had ten years of post-graduate education. And yet I still blog about movie stars’ six-packs and Turkish toilets.
- Popcorn and chocolate are my two biggest vices…well, the two biggest I’ll publicly share. My sons are my two biggest virtues.
- I enjoy a good political fight, but I’ll keep it out of my blog.
- My husband is unicorns and rainbows, and I am dragons and clouds. Thank goodness for yin and yang.
- When I was ten years old, I found a $20 bill downtown and turned it in to the police. I believe that reflects more positively on my mother than me.
- I would go to a movie every day if I could.
- I was once convinced I’d marry Parker Stevenson.
- I’m like a crusty old Twinkie. Poke hard enough, and you’ll eventually reach a gooey center.
As for my blog choices, they are listed here. If they have already been nominated, I would not be surprised.
- Redwood’s Medical + Edge: An experienced RN helps authors learn how to write medically accurate fiction. Very creative concept and good medical information.
- Postcard Fiction: Impressive for its brevity (because let’s face it, sometimes that’s just we need) and its creativity.
- The Girl In The Cat Frame Glasses: Not only does the blogger have the same WordPress theme as me (owe me a Coke!), she tells it like it is, a trait I always admire. And unlike me, she may be too young to get the “owe me a Coke” thing.
- fitnitchick: Great site for anyone into fitness, or knitting, or both. Interesting topics and brave enough to post occasional video blogs (which are great, by the way).
- NotQuiteOld: If you love laughing out loud, this blog will get you there.
- Audrey Kalman Writing of Many Kinds: Offers insightful entries on the writing and publishing process, helpful to those on their own writing journey.
- G M Barlean: Another wonderful blog for aspiring writers.
So once again, a big thank you to jmmcdowell for the nomination. Please check out her excellent blog as well as the others I have listed above!