Improve Your #Wellbeing with Baby Steps to a Healthier Lifestyle, May Calendar

Baby Steps to a Healthier Lifestyle May Calendar carrierubin dot com

Click to Enlarge

Welcome to May!

A new month means a new Baby Steps to a Healthier Lifestyle calendar. This might be my last one, though. Interest out there seems to be waning.

That’s okay. Everything old is new again, and everything new gets old quick, right?

But for now, here are small things we can do daily to improve our well-being. Over time, small steps lead to big changes.

A happy and healthy May to you all!

Speaking of everything old is new again, what’s one thing from the past you hope never makes a comeback? Personally, I’m going with big hair and leg-warmers. I used to have both.*

carrierubin dot com

*And you thought I was kidding.

*     *     *

standing color cropped tiny for blog postsCarrie Rubin is a medical thriller author with a background in medicine and public health. For full bio and a list of her books, click here.

New Release:

The Bone Curse by Carrie Rubin

Medicine has no cure for evil.

The Bone Curse is a strong medical thriller—inclusive, skillfully written, and inviting.”—Foreword Reviews

Recently recommended by BookBub: 13 Books for Stephen King Fans Coming Out Spring 2018

87 Responses to “Improve Your #Wellbeing with Baby Steps to a Healthier Lifestyle, May Calendar”

1. Curmudgeon-at-Large

Whigs, the Whig Party, narrow black ties with white shirts, sideburns ..

I actually like the Full Cleveland (a white polyester leisure suit with white belt and white shoes and a lime green shirt) just so long as I am not the one wearing it.

• Carrie Rubin

Ha, I never knew it was called the Full Cleveland. Too funny. As for sideburns, they did come back, but at least they’re not quite as pronounced as they once were. Although I have seen a few that were quite long and full…

2. Sue Slaght

I hope not gone forever Carrie. Maybe just a break over the summer months? I always feel like things are more manageable when broken down this way. I appreciate the reminders and the nudge.
    Oh and have I mentioned for the hundred time how much I loved your last book The Bone Curse?

Liked by 1 person

3. Diane Henders

I used to try to be fashionable when I was younger, but now I’m at the point where every time a “new” style appears, I recognize it from the last time it was “new”. I’m just hoping wasp-waisted whalebone corsets never come back… 😉

• Carrie Rubin

That would not be pleasant for sure.

It’s funny, because I had already written this post when I saw yours last week about the waist pouch. Now there’s a fashion fad that came back when nobody ever thought it would!

4. Book Club Mom

Oh yes, big hair was my obsession, along with big earrings and big shoulder pads. I’m starting to get my walks in after work, maybe I can switch to after dinner tonight!

Liked by 1 person

5. TammieLP

Brown polyester leisure suits worn with a mustard yellow shirt with very big and very pointy collars. Please no, never again!!!! Oh, and stirrup pants.

Liked by 2 people

6. Erika

Here’s hoping wearing overall shorts with one of the straps undone never makes a comeback. That plus my backwards newsboy cap made my middle school years ultra cringey!

Liked by 1 person

• Carrie Rubin

Yes, shoulder pads are definitely up there for me too. Bell-bottoms might make a comeback though. After all, high-waisted jeans have, and who ever thought that would happen? Both are unflattering. 😄

Liked by 1 person

Comments or thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Basic HTML is allowed. Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: